Friday, February 6, 2009

vaygus



I've had my heart set on going to vegas for my 21st birthday for a while - just to pull my one slot machine and win the jackpot and never have to work again- so that is what we did last week (besides winning the jackpot and having to be back to work on Monday)

James, I, Cody, Sarah, Rylee, and my Mom all went down for the weekend. I know most people turning 21 and going to vegas wouldn't typically bring their mother, a pregnant sister, and a 2 year old, but I don't think I could have had more fun! We didn't talk my mom into going until we were getting ready to take off, and it turned out to be so much fun with her and I'm so glad she was able to make it and takes her handy overnight bag with her everywhere she goes! We went to a mentalist show, went out to dinner, walked the malls and the strip, had a great time with lots of laughs, and came out with everything paid for and an extra $200 thanks to video poker!


Here are a couple pics of the vacay.

This is me being utterly amazed by the mentalist. He had a girl flip through a phone book and pick a number then mixed up these numbers we were holding - and being the mentalist he was, the numbers matched exactly.... how does he do it...
My amazing sport of a mom - not only did she show me that you can gamble $20 and still be a good person, she pointed me to all the winning machines. Don't worry mom, I won't announce it in stake conference like your other child did...


Taking the shuttle - that happens when you have a 6 1/2 month preggo and a woman who just had a knee replaced - it hurts me to admit though I was complaining more about all the walking at the end of the day then either one of them :)


my favorite little girl - she was cracking me up the whole timeand vegas wouldn't be complete without a trip to the cheesecake factory... or two trips...

Outside the cheesecake factory are the moving statues in cesar's mall - this is all Riley would do the entire time, unless she uncovered her mouth to scream out in fear.

Vegas Trip. Success.

Christmas?

Since I never really posted Christmas pics because I'm just not that good at putting stuff on here, and because those are the only other pictures I have.... below are pictures in no order at all of christmas thrown onto the end of a blog - enjoy! haha


Christmas Eve Dinner



Some pirates dice... Argh!



I love waking up early on Christmas morning and just sittiing before everyone else gets up.

Below is a pic of a present James and I made for my parents - I love how it turned out.

Looking haggard together on our very first christmas haha. Precious.

4 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

So I just left you this huge comment and it timed out on me! Anyway, fun times in Vegas thanks for having us tag along. You and James are so great together and so much fun, you definitely need to come and visit more. I can't believe you are still spelling RYLEE's name wrong, come on sister!! Love you guys!! MWAHHHH!

Heaton Family said...

I wana know where my invite to Vegas ended up?? Haha Joking, but it looks like tons of fun! We are going down for Spring Break, you guys should join us! Anyways we're excited to see you guys tonight, we'll have to take pictures so you can post something again SOON :)

Kassi said...

Happy late Birthday Kimmy! You are so cute! I love that you won on the slots! Congrats!

The Stevens Family said...

Happy late Birthday Kim! Nice job on the slot machines! You go girl!