Saturday, December 6, 2008

...you're supposed to update these??


So we're not the best... okay, horrible is really the only word for it... at updating this - but here is a quick review of our life lately-
Thanksgiving-

We spent Thanksgiving with James' family this year and it was a blast. We ate so much delicious food, pies, some frozen, cranberry, thing from heaven and then visited and shopped the black friday ads while digesting, followed by some smoking of James and Heather in Canasta. James' family is so much fun to be with and we are so glad so many people could make it. We forgot the camera though.. so pictures... :s

the girls of the fam



Day after Thanksgiving forth...

On the way home from James' parents house Thanksgiving night, we decided to swing by Walmart and scope out the field for shopping the next day. I don't know if this was a good idea or not, because after seeing all the people already in line for things, we borrowed some chairs from the camping department (until a walmart lady strongly disapproved of that) and set up for the next 6 hours. After that, we hit up a couple more stores and then decided it wasn't worth saving any more money to still be awake and came home and crashed for hours.


But it started off the Christmas season! Since then we've set up our tree, wrapped presents, hung our stockings, and watched Elf a few too many times for James. We've been having so much fun and have just about all our shopping done! I still need to pick up some stuff for James but I haven't figured out how to do that yet with the whole joint checking account thing... but I'm pretty set on him being surprised so I will find a way!




This is our christmas tree - it doesn't have any decorations but that's what makes it fit in with the rest of our house (unpacking and decorating has taken us a while). Please excuse the tape on the wall and carpet, we ordered couches over a month ago and they haven't gotten here yet so we taped off the floor so we could feel like we had something.... then we had to tape the tv on the wall to make sure the room flowed nicely.



and we FINALLY finished painting our room! Anyone who says painting is fun - whoa. It's taken us over a month, and the tape on ceiling is still up, but it's close enough that I am going to say it's done.


And the last exciting event in our life... For the last month on the way to work everyday James and I have guessed out how much the gas prices will have dropped since it started coming down from the $4, and whoever wins would get to pick where we went to lunch that day. When we started this it was:

"Wow, what if it gets down to like... I dunno... $1.50."
"No way, that'll never happen"

bam.

I promise we'll take more pictures during the Christmas holiday and slap a better post together next time!

9 comments:

Jeni and Mike said...

Hey Kimmy! It's nice to see you update your blog finally. Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving. We look forward to seeing for Christmas. I tried to call you today but learned you change your phone number. You know, you should usually let your siblings know these type of things! Hope all is well and I expect a call from you with your new number sooner than later. Love ya!

The Stevens Family said...

KIM! You finally posted again! YAY! haha :) i love the taped furniture, it really fits in very nicely! So who won the lunch??? I hope you have a very fun Christmas andd New Years!

Kassi said...

So I am just excited to see a post from KIMMY!! Made my day! I am laughing about the tape on the carpet and walls! So funny! You just crack me up! :)

Sarah Jimenez said...

I love the tape! Haha... don't grow too attached. I am so proud of you for updating, finally! Can't wait to see you this weekend. Get ready for a strong dose of Rylee and to get smoked in ROOK! The doctor is giving me a Christmas present- on the 22 he's giving me a free ultrasound to see if we find out what the baby is before Christmas! wah-hoo- begin the countdown =) they'll still do the main ultrasound to measure everything on Jan 5. Well take care, and we'll see you in a couple day... oh yea, and let me know if you can't find your rook cards. Love ya!

Amanda Lynn Smith said...

And i thought I was bad at updating the Blog!! You are so cute! The tape is CLASSIC!! So, when is the actual furniture arriving? Exciting!
So glad we got to have you guys for Turkey-day! If we don't see ya, Have a very Merry Christmas...be safe! Love you both!!

Heaton Family said...

Thanks woman, we kinda like her too :) okay we loooove her. Haha It's so crazy having a baby! You have to come meet her sometime. Oh and update your blog! How was your guys Christmas and New Years??

Jeni and Mike said...

I just made my blog so only invited people can read it, if you would like to be invited, please send me an email to jeni_pace@hotmail.com

Heaton Family said...

Update your blog woman!!

Sarah Jimenez said...

ditto with Sunny!