Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Life Update


We'll Go Most Recent Working Back:
Part 1: The Birthday: On Saturday, James turned 2-4. Getting up there in age! He had to work that day though so we didn't really get to play until later , but we went out to a movie (land of the lost. zero stars), out to eat (outback. five stars), and then came home and had cake and some present opening. The next day, we went to his parents house and had more dinner and more cake! James couldn't have been happier because they made ribs and let's call a spade a spade, I can't cook.

Hope you had a good day babe! Sure love you.

this is us at his parents house. notice how they didn't have candles so there are 2 toothpicks then 4 to make 24. haha good ol Kathy.

Handsome Birthday Boy

(looks exactly like picture above with me photoshopped out?)

cake and presents - the rain hasn't allowed us to go play with the fat bat yet.

opening the goods.

Part Deux: The Anniversary. June 7th was our first anniversary! We celebrated first by going out to the grandparents house in vernon and playing with the family! I miss living close to all of them so it's always nice when I get to see them. Especially when Rylee and Ryan come up!


Sarah, Brother James, Me, Ryan (nephew, not child - that'll take a few more anniversaries), Husband James, and Ben.


We then went out on a fancy little date to the chef's table - it was so nice and I appreciate james' wanting to make the day special.


1 year.


1 hour.

Many of you may not know this, but I really went out on a limb marrying James. It broke my two rules of marriage as a child.


Rule 1: When I was in elementary school, we would line up for lunch by our last name, and with Pace, I was always more towards the back. One day I was really upset about this because all the Allens, and Crosbys got more recess time then I did because I had to wait in line longer. I told my teacher that day that I would only marry someone who's last name ended with an A so my kids wouldn't have to suffer the way I did.


Rule 2: My Mom has a brother named Dennis, which is also my Dad's name. I also decided as a kid that I would never marry someone with the same name as my brother because I didn't understand how you could kiss them without always being reminded of your brother.


So of course, I married James Wyatt, and even though our kids will be even further back then I was in line, I couldn't be happier :) I'm so grateful to have him as a husband and best friend.


Part III, IV, and V: We'll wrap this up, but this last piece is very exciting for me. Two weeks ago I got rear-ended on the way to work. This isn't usually a good way to start out a Monday, but I was just relieved that for once it wasn't my fault! I'm infamous for clipping, crashing, scratching, denting, not putting brakes on, or anything else that can damage a car. The rental place obviously doesn't know this because they gave me a big F150 to drive for three weeks but we should have our girl back in about another week! She put up quite the fight.

James has been busy putting the sprinklers in, I feel so bad he can't finish because the rain has been coming non-stop! But he's done a great job - being handy is so attractive :)

and last with no pictures, but certainly not least - James' sister Mandy just found out she is having a GiRl! We are so excited for another cute niece! Congrats Smith Family!

4 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Yea, so happy to have an update! I love your commentary. Congrats again on your anniversary. You are a very cute/fun couple. And that second picture of James really does look like you were just cropped out. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

Heaton Family said...

Ann!! I look forward to these once a month updates haha. I'm gettin bad too! But we are back in UTAH! WOot Woot! We just moved to Cedar though... SO if you ever come through make sure you call me so we can do dinner or somethin. Getting rear ended is scary! Glad your alive :) Happy Birthday to James and HAPPY anniversary, I can't believe we are comin up on 2 years.. Time flies when your havin fun! K call or text me, love ya!

Heaton Family said...

7 months... really? Is your life really that uneventful... :P

Taylor Family said...

Hey Kim just letting you know we are privatizing so if you view our blog and would like to keep doing so send your email to bs.taylor@rocketmail.com and I'll add you!